Wouldn’t it be great to update my Linked In account and add Fortune Teller to my resume. Although I am no Fortune Teller I can tell you one things foresure. It’s a great time to SELL and here’s why…
1. Spring is here and the selling season is in full swing. Winter is over (yes we barely had a winter in Carlsbad) and people are out shopping for their new home.
2. New Construction is back. Builders slowed down over the past five years but they are back. It is a good idea to list your home now before their phases are released. Then you can end up competing with a brand new, never been lived in, green features, home warranties included, sparkling new construction home.
3. Demand is high. According to the National Association of Realtors (NAR) there is a 17% growth in sales over July 2012. There are serious buyers out there ready to purchase.
4. Supply is increasing. Currently there is a 5 month supply of inventory compared to a 4.3 month supply from this past winter. With homeowners now out of past negative equity people are looking to sell which increases the supply of homes for sale.
5. Interest rates are on the rise. The National Association of Realtors, Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, & the Mortgage Bankers Association have all predicated rates will increase throughout the year.
Take a moment to look at your current situation and your future goals and see if it makes sense to put your home on the market. Now is the time where you have the control. Whether you are looking to retire, travel, buy a larger home, take a new job, the timing of the market is giving you these opportunities to fulfill your goals. If you have any real estate or community related questions I am here to help. You can find me on my website or on any of my social media sites such as Google+, on Facebook or Instagram.